Monday, February 9, 2009

Regina Belle Sidelined by "Undetected Illness"

Regina Belle, the Grammy Award-winning R&B singer who's now doing her thing for Jesus, released the following statement today via her record company's website:

To all of my fans let me say that I am so very sorry and deeply disappointed that I cannot uphold any of my scheduled appearances for the next 3 months or so, because of an undetected illness. I have had the first of two surgeries to correct my illness, and because "GOD IS GOOD' the first surgery went wonderfully! The healing time requires no singing or flying for a 3 month period. There were a total of 6 doctors including my own doctor who did the surgery and it took a total of 7-1/2 hours, but they are to be commended for God seeing them through this divine healing.

My second surgery will take place in six months, and I will have another 2 month recovery period. I believe that whether God heals through miracle, man, or medicine it's all still divine. I really believe that God heals! I will continue to heal and be thankful for what God has already done, while I trust that you are prayerful and sending me well wishes. To all of my fans, pastors and churches , radio and retail, booking agents, promoters and everyone that has allowed my messages of music to go forward, thank you so much for your understanding in all of this. I Love you all and I'm working hard to get back to you!

Always yours,
Regina Belle


Ms. Belle has been touring in support of her debut Gospel album, Love Forever Shines, since its release last May. Featured singles include God is Good, and the current single, I Call on Jesus, featuring Shirley Murdock. She's been nominated for an NAACP Image Award in the Outstanding Gospel Artist category.

I'll have more details as they become available.

No comments:

Post a Comment