Thursday, June 25, 2009

Say It Ain't So!

I'm so sad to report that Michael Jackson has died. There are various reports about how and when, but the general consensus was that the 50-year-old King of Pop was unconscious when they took him to UCLA Medical Center today.

For most of us of a certain age, Jackson was one of the defining musicians of our childhood. How many of us wanted the red leather jacket and the glitter glove? The picture I've included is one of my favorites. I was a young teen, and I thought I'd either sing a duet with him or marry him. Either way, I was completely smitten.

Recently, my Mr. Wonderful -- who also works in the industry -- took me to a rehearsal hall where Michael was rumored to be practicing for his upcoming tour. I told him that I would be completely impressed if I got a chance to meet him. Unfortunately, it won't be happening now.

Despite all his troubles -- legal and otherwise -- Michael Jackson was an amazing entertainer, and he will truly be missed. My prayers go out to his family, friends, and fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment